Kensington Gardens | ?m | 14s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

I believe residents wont be able to move in until the end of year. Westbank is so slow.

Aren't they all operating under the same constraints? Are other developers faster?

Westbank is ridiculous. They called me to schedule a walk through for this week. Today, they called me to cancel my appointment and said the unit is not ready. It will takes another 1- 2 weeks. I am definitely brining in an inspector as I don't trust them.

Westbank is ridiculous. They called me to schedule a walk through for this week. Today, they called me to cancel my appointment and said the unit is not ready. It will takes another 1- 2 weeks. I am definitely brining in an inspector as I don't trust them.

Its one thing to miss a deadline they promised when you first purchased. Certainly another to schedule a walk through and then delay it. That's not good!

Completion date delay is not uncommon due to many reasons as long as there are still people working at the construction site and its in the finishing stage. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

It seems Westbank is unable to provide actual walkthrough schedule and keeps extending the timeline. I was informed the schedule should be early Aug and now they tell it maybe late Sep. I wonder if any owner in this forum has completed the walkthrough. How was the quality overall and any home inspector used?

We actually just did our walk through today for the NE tower. Overall it was fine with mostly a bunch of paint corrections and scratches/nicks needed fixing, we didn't find anything major. They still don't have their occupancy permit from the city so no move-ins until then. I was told it's expected to come through in the next 2 weeks or so. they are going from the first floor up and the first phase for move-in would be floors 1-9.

Last edited:
Northwest tower here. I got a call last week that our walkthrough is scheduled for tomorrow, and that we just need to wait for their email on instructions for where to go, what to wear, etc... Haven't heard a thing since, and they're not picking up whenever I try calling back.

So I did my walk through in the West tower today. Overall not bad, but anyone else with floor plan 09 should know that the den is significantly different from what was shown. They brought part of the west wall inwards with a little 18x27 inch nook in the southwest corner that makes the entire den a weird reverse L shape, if that makes sense. From what I was told, there will be three phases for occupancy. First will be floors 1-9 of the West and NE towers (and I assumed the podium). Second will be remaining floors for those towers, then the final phase will be the entirety of the South tower. I was told a general expected move in of mid to late October (1st phase) but I didn't ask about the other phases. I hope that helps.

So I did my walk through in the West tower today. Overall not bad, but anyone else with floor plan 09 should know that the den is significantly different from what was shown. They brought part of the west wall inwards with a little 18x27 inch nook in the southwest corner that makes the entire den a weird reverse L shape, if that makes sense. From what I was told, there will be three phases for occupancy. First will be floors 1-9 of the West and NE towers (and I assumed the podium). Second will be remaining floors for those towers, then the final phase will be the entirety of the South tower. I was told a general expected move in of mid to late October (1st phase) but I didn't ask about the other phases. I hope that helps.
Thank you for that really appreciated. I'm in the north east building 10th floor and I haven't got anything yet. Was wondering if you can share ur take on the the bedroom size?? Big enough for a king size bed? Thanks

If you could share your observations especially the problematic areas so the rest of us could look for these problems during our walkthru that would be great ! Much appreciated...
I think the most problematic areas in my unit were the areas around the windows (quite a few nicks and some parts weren't very flush) and the floor tiles in the walk in shower (a few dings here and there, and in my opinion, the overall tile work did not seem well done with some water pooling and some of the tiles being misshapen).

Back