News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.5K     0 
News   Apr 01, 2020
 4.4K     0 
News   Apr 01, 2020
 1.3K     0 

Vancouver, 445 Kingsway and 2935 St. George Street

I would love to see some of those tram routes back. One of my favorite cities is Melbourne, and a big part of it is the tram system they have.

I would love to see some of those tram routes back. One of my favorite cities is Melbourne, and a big part of it is the tram system they have.
The city is actually doing a feasability study for a streetcar network. It's a pale shadow of what existed 100 years ago, but it's a start. https://bids.vancouver.ca/bidopp/RFP/documents/PS20171493-RFP.pdf

Streetcar.jpg

I like it. It wouldn't be the same as 100 years ago, but with the other rail lines I suppose not many lines are needed. Even a couple of street car lines would be great.

I highly doubt the reconstruction of the street cars would come to reality because they would rather use the money to expand the skytrain networks, a new Massy tunnel and buying more new buses etc.

Hard to say if they would or not. Most cities tend to go with dedicated rail like LRT or subways, but some don't. Toronto has streetcars and they work well there.

Back