News   Apr 01, 2020
 4.4K     0 
News   Apr 01, 2020
 1.3K     0 

Vancouver, 445 Kingsway and 2935 St. George Street

Roundabout

Member Bio
Reaction score
The City has received an application from Acton Ostry Architects to rezone 445 Kingsway and 2935 St. George Street from C-2 (Commercial District) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) to allow for the development of a 14-storey mixed-use building including:

a total of 215 secured rental units (with 20% of the residential floor area assigned to moderate income households);
commercial uses at grade;
a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.96 (including 4.84 FSR above grade and 2.12 FSR below grade);
a total floor area of 30,117 sq. m (324,176 sq. ft.) (including underground vehicle storage);
a maximum height of 48.88 m (160.37 ft.); and
224 underground parking stalls and 443 bike spaces.

The application is being considered under the Moderate Income Rental Housing Pilot Program.

445Kingsway-PerspectiveViews-page-005.jpg
445Kingsway-PerspectiveViews-page-004.jpg
445Kingsway-PerspectiveViews-page-003.jpg
445Kingsway-PerspectiveViews-page-002.jpg
445Kingsway-PerspectiveViews-page-001.jpg

I like it. This kind of development is great for Kingsway. My only wish would be to have a few small awnings or something like it on the Kingsway side. Other than that, it's a good fit.

You're right I thought the old render is the newer version, I like the original design more even its smaller.

The original design was pretty cool. It has a retro look to it, something that would have been modern in the 60's.

My biggest concern is the amount of traffic that the multiple new builds are creating on the Kingsway corridor, not to mention how two twin 14 story towers at 445 Kingsway ruins the cool vibe of the Mount Pleasant area. The original design was definitely more palatable.

My biggest concern is the amount of traffic that the multiple new builds are creating on the Kingsway corridor, not to mention how two twin 14 story towers at 445 Kingsway ruins the cool vibe of the Mount Pleasant area. The original design was definitely more palatable.
Traffic on Kingsway will get worse, but yeah, it's always been bad.Maybe someday Kingsway can run a tram or streetcar?

Not a bad idea to have a street car route along Kingsway and may be on Main Street and Hastings as well. ;)

Back