News   Apr 01, 2020
 1.2K     0 

Condo vs Rental stock in Vancouver

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is really more of a question, but couldn't decide where to ask this so a thread seemed good.

Do you guys know how many of the towers or mid rise buildings in Vancouver are purposed built rental buildings?

In Calgary, most of the high rise towers going up are purpose built rentals. Just curious if it's the same in Van.

You don't see rental towers here very often, at least I haven't. Back in Toronto and Ottawa there are boatloads of them, but it seems like out west they don't build many. Glad to hear there are rental properties going up in Calgary, my sister lives there, and when she first moved there, there wasn't much available.
Hey guys, this is really more of a question, but couldn't decide where to ask this so a thread seemed good.

Do you guys know how many of the towers or mid rise buildings in Vancouver are purposed built rental buildings?

In Calgary, most of the high rise towers going up are purpose built rentals. Just curious if it's the same in Van.

All towers going up these days in Calgary are rental, pretty much the complete opposite of Vancouver market. In Calgary virtually all of the towers built up to about 2016 had been condo towers, and then the market shifted. It's been only rental towers since then.

All towers going up these days in Calgary are rental, pretty much the complete opposite of Vancouver market. In Calgary virtually all of the towers built up to about 2016 had been condo towers, and then the market shifted. It's been only rental towers since then.
It's always good to have lots of rental stock. I like Vancouver but one things that sucks about it is the rental stock, there isn't the choice you would get in Toronto or Montreal. To buy in Vancouver is incredibly expensive. Although Toronto has gotten expensive recently.

Back