News   Apr 01, 2020
 4.3K     0 
News   Apr 01, 2020
 1.3K     0 

Vancouver

k.w.l.

Member Bio
Reaction score
Here's some shots I took while in Vancouver for work last week. Clicking on the image will take you to its flickr page where you can view it larger. To see the full set click here. Hope you like them.

Granville Island:

Olympic Village Construction:

The tallest building in this pic is the recently completed Shangri-La:

The tower u/c here is the new Fairmont hotel/condo:

Convention Centre Expansion:

Coal Harbour:

I'm surprised the convention centre isn't a little further along than it appears to be. I was out there a couple of years ago and it doesn't really look all that more advanced.

^ My previous trip there was in March and I don't think the glass was up back then. Walking by you can also see inside and it looks to be fairly near completion. The biggest work left to be done is the exterior on the west side, which is really more of a landscaping issue anyway, and probably will be the last thing they do.

I love the glazing of the condo on the right just above the convention centre.

Now thats how you do a condo!

That's not the one i was talking about. It's the one with the curved edge to the shape. The one on the right side of the 4 photos together. Full floor to ceiling panels of glass with no separations. Really slick.

I'm really loving Shangri-La. A fine addition to the city's skyline. It makes my 2005 visit outdated, I need to get back there.
Vancouver never ceases to impress me. Thanks for sharing!

Back