Vancouver Centre II | 122.83m | 33s | GWL | MCM Partnership

They were testing some of the lighting today - it was flickering between white and amber.

Pic by me today:
fldavSf.jpg

Pics by me Monday, Jan 23rd:

Underground passage from Vancouver Centre Mall past the Scotiabank and up to the VCII lobby.

Scotia Tower elevators to the left, VCII passage to the right.
No VCII elevator lobby at the mall level that I could see.
8wiIqXH.jpg

Escalators up to VCII lobby straight ahead.
kDUswjH.jpg

They only removed part of it - and the one on Georgia is still there.
It could be that they are refurbishing/replacing the signs with similar ones.
I noticed the one facing Georgia was backlit last night, and I can't recall if they had been backlit before.
In the pics above, the Georgia one seems to have heavier font than the Seymour one - i.e. to accommodate lighting.

Seymour was closed off today for a lift of some kind with a big mobile crane in the street.
Could be for VCII signage?

Those wooden seats look pretty nice - not sure if they'd be comfortable though.
Strange that they would choose seating that peopel could sleep on :)
The extent of plantings - including along the windows - is impressive.
Hopefully they will be maintained.
The underground shortcut through the mall is actiually quite convenient as you exit pretty far south on Seymour street.

Scotia Tower has a new sign above the doorway.
Both older signs on the tower cladding are still there / been restored / improved (?).
The marble aggregate cladding between the lobby and the Scotiabank branch is being repaired with actual marble aggregate!
Good to see they didn't cheap out with metal panels.

Pic by me last night - did not see the sign lit up, but it may do so like the VCII sign.

PfkwuYf.jpg

Pic by me yesterday.
They are using marble aggregate, but much smaller panels (and thinner, I assume, since there's a seam at the corner) than the original ones.

FM98so4.jpg

Back