3.4K     0 
News   Apr 01, 2020
 4.3K     0 
News   Apr 01, 2020
 1.2K     0 

Vancouver Shots III: Downtown, Stanley Park, Broadway, Lynn

S

spmarshall

Here's is my assorted collection of shots. I visited two Vancouver area parks: Stanley Park, and Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver, where there is a suspension bridge, and unlike nearby Capliano, this bridge is free, and less crowded, though not as long.

We start off on Granville Street.

The Bay store, connected to the Pacific Centre by tunnell. It includes a connection to the Skytrain underground, built in a former CPR tunnel.

VanD1.jpg

VanD2.jpg

Granville is a transit mall, part of the way, and generally hosts trolley buses along with pedestrians and cyclists. There isn't a lot of streetfront stores on northern Granville due to the Pacific Mall, but there are a number of commercial buildings, and night clubs and restaurants towards the south.

VanD3.jpg

VanNight.jpg

Birks Building and clock

VanD7.jpg

Canada Place and Alaska cruise ship.

VanD9.jpg

VanD10.jpg

VanD8.jpg

Some new West End condos.

VanD5.jpg

VanD6.jpg

Stanley Park is a gem, with rainforests, beaches, ponds, the Lions Gate Bridge, and tourist attractions such as the Vancouver Aquarium (which I didn't bother seeing, prefering to go on a whalewatching trip in Victoria).

I took a few of these shots from the free Stanley Park shuttle.

VanSP1.jpg

VanSP2.jpg

VanSP3.jpg

VanSP4.jpg

VanSP5.jpg

VanSP6.jpg

The free Stanley Park shuttle is intended to encourage visitors to take the real trolley bus into the park, and transfer to the fake trolley, instead of driving and parking.

VanSP7.jpg

VanSP8.jpg

Lions Gate Bridge:

VanSP9.jpg

VanSP10.jpg

Second Beach:

VanSP11.jpg

I took a bus across Lions Gate Bridge and transferred twice to get to Lynn Canyon, but found the connections to work really well, even on a Saturday.

VanLC1.jpg

VanLC2.jpg

VanLC3.jpg

I returned to Vancouver via SeaBus. While I waited, a checked out a bit of North Vancouver, which is surprisingly nice. This pic is of the old shipyards undergoing redevelopment into a commercial/condo complex.

VanNV1.jpg

Over the short time I was in Vancouver, I spent some time on the Broadway strip, a nice commercial area south of downtown. From the hill, there are some great views of the skyline.

At Cambie:

VanB1.jpg

VanB2.jpg

VanB3.jpg

The False Creek Surgical Centre is one medical group's try at going around medicare for minor treatments. Note the sign designating 7th Avenue as a designated bicycle route.

VanB4.jpg

Cambie Street Bridge.

VanB5.jpg

At Granville:

VanB7.jpg

VanB9.jpg

I happened to find a private park as part of an office building on Broadway. It had trees, a fountain and landscaping and was open to the public, but no dogs or skateboarding.

VanB10.jpg

VanB11.jpg

Another skyline shot:

VanB13.jpg

VanB14.jpg

Finally, Vancouver's City Hall, located not downtown, but at Cambie south of Broadway.

VanB15.jpg

Next: Victoria, Vancouver Island

Re: Vancouver Shots III: Downtown, Stanley Park, Broadway, L

Great pics, Sean!

Nice photo tour, thanks for the pics and the comments as well.

Thanks!

You took a bus all the way to Lynn Canyon?

Back