The City of Vancouver approved an application to rezone 1837-1847 Main Street, 180 East 2nd Avenue and 157-185 East 3rd Avenue from IC-2 (Industrial) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 12-storey mixed-use building that includes:
- 226 residential units;
- 30 secured non-market rental units targeted to low-income artists;
- commercial uses at grade of approximately 1208 m² (13,000 sq. ft.);
- artist production space of approximately 325-370 m² (3,500-4,000 sq. ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 5.50; and
- 297 underground parking spaces.