443 Seymour Street | 103.02m | 29s | Reliance Properties | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Roundabout

Member Bio
Reaction score
he City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 443 Seymour Street from Downtown (DD) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) District to allow for a 29-storey commercial office building. The proposal includes:
  • Commercial retail units at grade (5,561 sq. ft.)
  • Office space on levels 2 to 29 (395,285 sq. ft)
  • 8 levels of underground parking containing 201 parking spaces, 5 passenger spaces, 6 Class A loading spaces, 2 Class B loading spaces, and 246 bicycle spaces
  • Total floor area of 445,350 sq. ft.
  • Building height of 337.5 ft.
  • Floor space ratio (FSR) of 22.9
1576477329344.png

601WPender-RezoningApplication-Renderings-page-006.jpg
601WPender-RezoningApplication-Renderings-page-005.jpg
601WPender-RezoningApplication-Renderings-page-004.jpg
601WPender-RezoningApplication-Renderings-page-003.jpg
601WPender-RezoningApplication-Renderings-page-002.jpg
601WPender-RezoningApplication-Renderings-page-001.jpg

Looks good, but it's really crowding the Rogers Building next door - due to the height limits (go wide, not tall).
Mind you, the Rogers Building would have been designed to be butted up to.

This is a great looking project. I wonder if they are using real copper? I wouldn't care for how it would look after oxidization.

This is a great looking project. I wonder if they are using real copper? I wouldn't care for how it would look after oxidization.
I doubt they are using real copper, but if it's something that looks anything close to real copper, it'll look great. Especially on sunny days.

Didn't find anything whether it will actually be copper, but the design rationale states the following:

"The facade is made up of framed elements that fold in two directions to create a weave effect. The materiality is thought of as a shiny warm metal that reflects light and adds unexpected color to its surroundings."

Considering the impact of the pandemic on the office market, not sure if this project is going ahead. There is, however, a beautiful new mural on the parkade.

20230818_080053.jpg

Back